Friday, August 12, 2011

Engagement Party Prep


Tomorrow is S* and D*'s engagement party, so today was all about cooking for it. After fighting our way through the mall to get everything (it really was like fighting, you'd think it was Christmas or something with so many people out!) we finally got it all home.

First up, lunch! Hey, everyone has to eat and after fighting the crowd in the mall we needed it!

Now lets get cooking. First up, peel, cut, cook, and cool potatoes (I got out of this since I had better things to do :-p)


As that was being done by S* and Mum I was busy starting on my cake.


Then we had the pasta to cook.


So as all that was cooling, it was onto the next task, chopping the many vegetables!


Since then it has all been mixed up into the 7-layer salad, Garden salad, Potato salad, and Pasta salad. As well as the Tiramisu cake assembled and the Key lime cake baked to be assembled tomorrow.

Photos to come to our finished products! For now it's time to put our feet up, and try not to look at the pile of dishes that no one wants to do!

2 comments:

  1. I miss your desserts! We always talked about how Sandra had it made since you did so much of the cooking at home...at least that was our impression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love cooking so I did do a lot of it. Since I've moved here though I don't cook quite a much since I cook very different to how the rest of the household would.

    ReplyDelete