Thursday, July 21, 2011

One of my time waster

What happens when you have no job, not enough cleaning to last through a week, and it's pouring down raining. Well for me it's try and find something to do, like a hobby! Sad thing is all my crafting stuff was left in America when I moved :( So a few months ago I had to find a new hobby, but I didn't want to buy all new crafting stuff since I have so much I'm just waiting to find a way to get here. So with my new hobby I wanted something cheap, that I could buy everything at once but yet it would give me something to do for a few months at least. So I started looking into cross stitching, and mum said she thought she had some kits around here. Well she found them and I have been enjoying it :)
Still have a bit more to do, and as slow as I am it might take another month, but it is coming along nicely.

5 comments:

  1. Looks good, Hannah! I used to cross-stitch a lot. I liked it because it was simple and kept my hands busy. But I know how you feel. The worst part was after moving and not having anything to do! One can only clean so much lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timewaster!!HERE<HERE! As the ladies of medieval times did this they were considered very productive and quite revered. Nice work...I never had the patience for cross stitch-too many instructions, I think, bogged me down and crossed my eyes instead! I'm sure you saw Marilyn's collection, quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Marilyn's was what started me thinking on doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the being bored after moving thing...I did not speak the language, so I could not even go to the library. I still have a lot of scrapbooking things in the US, but I think I will get rid of them. I prefer online photo books better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still waiting on all of my stamping stuff to get here, I'm told I'll be getting it all in the next month! But yes, like you I'm not sure now how much I'll use them now :( Guess I get to find out soon though!

    ReplyDelete