Friday, August 17, 2012

Hair care

After hearing many good things (as well as a few bad) about natural hair care I decide to do some research on it to see if it was really worth it. After many hours of reading one site or another, I decide to give it a go (mind you this was after I just stocked up on shampoo and conditioner since it was half off.)


That was well over 6 months ago.

I will never go back to shampoo and conditioner again. My hair has never felt so healthy. I had a major problem with to many oils, washing once a day just to keep the oils down. Now after 6 months I can get by with washing one day, and just rinsing the next! Yes, this makes me excited. Everything I read said after the first 4 weeks or so that it would be really oily, but for some reason this really didn't bother me. I just fixed my hair as it was wet, and left it up for the day so I never really noticed it.

I have all my baking soda and vinegar pre mixed so it's ready to use, which makes it just as easy as shampoo and conditioner are. I did finally get some sort of essential oil to mix with the vinegar rinse since hubby complained that some times I did smell a bit like vinegar. :P But other then that everything is all good with it!

I would say to anyone who is thinking of trying it to go for it! It was well worth it for me.

BTW hubby has yet to use up a full bottle of normal shampoo and conditioner. At this rate he will have the bottles I bought for the next 5 or so years.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Good for you! I thought alot about you when I was reading also about extra oily hair. Glad this works for you!

    ReplyDelete